I'm not sure what brought this to mind but, here is a list of some of my favorite kid movies...in no particular order. Oh, and they are from when I was a kid. :D
1) The Phantom Tollbooth-I love this movie. It's half real life and half animated and completely cool! It's got weirdness and math!!!
2) The Dark Crystal-Great movie, I saw it in the drive-in as a kid...kind of scary though! My favorite line is when Jen says to Kira that he doesn't have wings and she tells him, "Of course not, you're a boy!" :D
3) Charlie Brown Christmas. Just love this movie. :D
4) Labyrnth-Another fun one that's a little scary with great music!! Thank you David Bowie! The creepiest part is when the orange creatures play catch...with their own heads!!!!
5) The Last Unicorn-I loved this one before I saw it. A movie about a unicorn?!?! I'm there!!
6) The Never-Ending Story-Let's see...a movie about a book worm who becomes part of the story...how could I not love that!!! I spent more time reading than playing with other kids as a child so this one really hit home!! :D
7) The Goonies~A cool movie and it was filmed in Oregon!! :D
8) Watership Down~Loved the movie, loved the book. This one is another slightly scary one though. I think I was a little older when I saw it and my dad was a hunter so it didn't really scare me.
9) The Secret of Nimh~Loved, loved, loved this movie!!! I loved mice and even at a young age I was all about a female character kicking a male characters tushy!! Oh, yeah! Girl power!
10) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory~a movie about candy and spoiled kids that get what they deserve. Sigh!
I'm sure I missed some good ones.
What were your favorite kid movies?