Today it barely reached 50 and with the wind, it's felt quite a bit colder outside. Well, it's cold inside, too! When Mickey and I got back from our errand running today the thermostat was flashing "bat low" so I changed the batteries. Nothing happened. Weird stuff was flashing on the thermostat and no heat. So, I tried two different batteries. Still nothing. Turned it on and off and turned the furnace on an off. Nada. I pulled the batteries out yet again and noticed that the top battery touch thingy (I so can't remember the word...oh, wait I think it's contact!!) was covered in a lovely vertiginous powder. The darn thing corroded! So, I did what I always do when faced with situations like this...called Andrew!
He said he'd fix it when he got home. He'll be home about an hour from now.
In the meantime...I'm cold!!!!