Wednesday, August 19, 2015

WITL Day 2


4:15-Hit the snooze button a few times this morning. I'm hoping to catch up on sleep today, it's going to be a fun one and I'm excited! Aud heard me and woke up enough to give me some snuggles and then climbed in my bed to keep it warm while I headed to the gym.

First one there this morning. I really like being there without anyone else. I'm a bit self conscious at the gym. I do just cardio this morning on my usual elliptical machine. I am a creature of habit and I tend to be more consistent working out if I have to think less while doing it. So, headphones on playing music and a good book are necessary!

5:45-Home. Lilly greets me at the door. I try to shush her, she has the world's loudest, squeakiest yawn and I don't want her to wake up Andrew and Mickey on the couch. Tuck the little girl back in and give her a kiss. Blogged about yesterday...go me!

Quick breakfast of toast with an over easy egg (double yolker!) and sliced tomato. The egg is from our chickens and the tomato from our "garden". So awesome! The bread, well, that's from Costco. Gotta keep it real. Dinking around on the computer for a bit and find another Oregonian to follow! Yay!!! Now it's shower time!

Shower done, followed by a 45 minute nap. There will definitely be another nap later today. It's going to be 99 today (!) so I want to be up for the cooler morning. Thank goodness our house has air conditioning. Mickey slept super late, he said it was so he was nice and rested for the fair.

Now both kids are doing their morning chores and I've gotten ready for the fair too. Mickey and I talked and decided that we'll check out how our stuff did first and then decide based on the temp to either go outside or do the rest of the inside stuff. I've got six scrapbook layouts in the fair and the kids have some Lego projects. It's their first time in the fair and I can't wait to see how they do!


9:50-We park behind the fair for free. That's one of the bonuses of having the county fair in your town, you know where to park without having to pay. It's $9 for me and free for the kids today. We headed straight to the Hobby Hall to check out our entries. Mickey got a first and a third on his Legos. Audrey got a first, a second, and a third. I got four firsts, including best of class, and two seconds. We got ribbons on everything we entered! The kiddos were so excited!

Then the kiddos wanted to check out Safety Town. They love this little town and I'm sad that they'll probably outgrow it by next year. Physically outgrow it. Aud's feet were touching the ground when she was pedaling and Mickey was in the biggest car they had. :)

Next up was something I'd been looking forward to for months...we went to buy a goat!!! Our goat, Cleatus, is awesome and really, he needs a friend. He's so low maintenance that Andrew said he was cool with us getting another one. Our friend Lamont has an awesome goat so we decided to buy one from the same gal. She's a relative of his and in the local 4-H so it's a good thing all the way around. We picked out a sweet young girl and are going to name her Daisy. They'll deliver her after the fair is over. Did I mention I'm so excited?!?!?!?! I love having animals. We've got a dog, a cat, four Bettas, ten chickens, and two goats. Sigh. All the happy feels. :)

Since it's going to be so hot, I figured doing the rides next was our best option. They are out in a huge field with no shade on the north end of the fairgrounds. I bought 40 tickets for $20 and as the rides are 9-10 tickets each, the heathens got to pick two rides a piece. Aud wanted to ride the motorcycles but they didn't have them this year so she went with the airplanes and Mickey rode, too. Then, after some deliberations, Mickey chose the dragon roller coaster and they both went on that as well. I love that they wanted to go together. It's so sweet...and it means getting out of the sun sooner. ;)

11:15-We were getting hungry and decided to beat the crowds and get lunch before all the shaded tables filled up. Corn dogs at the fair are one of my all time favorites and worth getting my tuckus to the gym at four in the morning for. The heathens had the same and we shared my water. $3.50 each and $1 for the water meant $11.50 for lunch and $12.50 left in my pocket.

One thing on Audrey's wish list was to go on the pony ride so we hunted it down. Fortunately, they moved it from the last time I went and it was in the shade. This was a very good thing because there was actually a line at this time. Mickey decided he wanted to ride as well and at $6 a ride, we were down to fifty cents. I'd started with more but paid $50 to the goat girl to hold our goat for us. She didn't ask but I thought it was the right thing to do. We'll pay her the other $50 next time we see her. Anyway, I let the kids know that we were out of cash so sno-cones and kettle corn would have to wait. 

After the pony ride, which they both loved, we meandered around the fair for a bit. We checked out the chickens and the rabbits, watched a juggler perform, looked at the rest of the Hobby Hall and Aud and I got our hair chalked. Aqua for me and pink for her, of course. By this time we were hot and thirsty and broke so we left for home.

1:30-Once home, we all got water and snacks and I checked on the chickens. Four eggs today, we've had five in a day before and I can't wait for our first six egg day! I looked through the fair photos on my phone and my camera and then took my delayed and much needed nap. I woke up to the heathens misbehaving so they got a whole list of chores to do while I blog. Now they have decided to scrapbook and I need to figure out dinner. Back in a while!


Dinner ended up being ham and cheese sandwiches. Really yummy with Tillamook Cheddar and really easy. Andrew's friend Ron came over and they talked a bit about football and state populations.

I caught Audrey in the bathroom putting glittery lip balm on her My Little Ponies. I thought it was funny, she didn't. I opened up the package from Amazon that came today...silverware! Woot! Another four places to match our set. I love that I'm still able to order the same style even though we got married ten years ago. After Ron left, the kids and I started packing up for tomorrow. We're heading to the coast for two days! I'm so looking forward to this trip! I took a bath to soak an injured toenail and did some planning while in the tub.

We are going to have a blast tomorrow! Now, it's off to bed.


Just Rhonda said...

Great job (on the pictures and the gym ;))

Jennie Hart said...

Fantastic blog post. I live in North Devon in England so it is great to see other places in the world. Thanks for sharing it :-)