Friday, August 21, 2015

WITL Day 3 (VERY Photo Heavy)


Oooooh, today was another I don't want to get out of bed day. My 3:45 alarm got snoozed so much that it was 4:30 before I got to the gym! The only thing that really motivated me was the fact that I'm so close to finishing my book and I only let myself read it at the gym. While I was getting ready, I saw that I still had some teal hair chalk in my hair. Totally made me smile.

Mickey was awake when I got home so I got some snuggles in with him...until we were interrupted by Lilly. Then, everyone said goodbye to Daddy, the three of us are going to the beach without him so we won't see him until Thursday night.

I climbed back into bed and snuggled with Audrey before falling asleep. Then after I made my bed and my got my breakfast ready, I took some pics of things I needed to do but have still put off. Like finish cleaning the master bath and clearing off my scrap desk. Ah, well. It will still be there when we get back.


11:45-We're off! We get gas and some snacks for the heathens at Lone Elder Store. It's a little gas station/store out in the country near us. I have some healthier snacks that I made myself. Can't undo all this morning's efforts right away!


We make one stop, at the newish Craft Warehouse in Cedar Hills. I'd never been there and it was only a few minutes off course. We shop a bit and take a potty break before we get back on the road.


2:30-We're here! We stop at the Visitor's Center to gather some pamphlets and to ask the best beach/parking area for us. After parking at the Tolovana access area, the kiddos agree to my suggestion to walk to Haystack Rock. They were really impressed with it's size and had a lot of fun running down the beach with only a few stops for mom to take pictures. On our walk back, there is more running, more pictures, and more stops to look at stuff in the sand.



They want to play on the beach near where we parked so we spend about a half an hour there. They are digging a hole and jumping over the little inlet. I'm watching them and laughing, and taking more pictures. I suggest a little playtime on the playground equipment next to the parking lot and they go nuts. They also knock off most of the sand from the beach this way. We get the rest off with a liberal dose of baby powder. (Thank you, Pinterest.)

We headed to downtown Cannon Beach to do some shopping. Momma needed some candy so our first destination was Bruce's Candy Kitchen. We got distracted by a toy store and Audrey found Wolfie! She'd lost the original Wolfie over a year ago so this new white Arctic Fox Wolfie was a good replacement. Mickey was a little bummed at first that he wasn't getting anything but I reminded him that it was our first stop.

After we bought a nice candy stash, including salt water taffy, we walked to Fultano's to eat dinner. There's a Fultano's here in Canby so the kids were excited to eat at another one! We got a medium Hawaiian and took the rest with us to have for breakfast tomorrow. We walked back to Bess and drove to our little motel in Seaside.


We find our motel and check in. I was a little worried, when you get the cheapest place in town, you sometimes get the nastiest. Fortunately, this wasn't the case. It was small and not new but very clean. Phew! I got us a king sized bed because the kids are still of an age where they like to sleep with me in strange places. For being so cheap (about $110 including tax) it was really close to downtown and it had a pool!

We walked to the carousel shopping center and went to the Candyman Wants You store first. Yes, another candy store and not our last. We rode the carousel after that. Aud rode an aqua seahorse that I would have totally picked out at her age. Heck, I'd like to have ridden it today! Mickey found a reindeer that he liked the look of and I picked a horse in the row between the two of them.


It was when we were getting pennies smashed at the machines at the carousel that I realized, we forgot to smash pennies in Cannon Beach! I'd made of list of all the machines in Seaside and Cannon Beach and we had bags with enough quarters and pennies for all of them! We decided we'd try and go back sometime tomorrow. After smashing pennies, we picked up penny books for both kiddos as I already had one. Then, we checked out the toy store and Mickey found a toy. It's his dream car! A blue Ford pick up. He'd really like one with a canopy like Daddy's truck has but this is close enough (in his words). On our walk back to the hotel we snapped pics with the Seaside sign.

8:00-Next we drove to Safeway to get drinks for the morning and I found some glasses for the house and a cool aqua veggie tray...all half off! We also got some mini Dreyers ice cream cups for dessert. Mickey got chocolate, Aud got strawberry, and I had vanilla. I'd rather of had their salted caramel but they were out. Boo! Back in our room, we ate our ice cream and then changed to go swimming. It was a tiny pool but warm enough for me to hang out and paddle around while they played. They loved every second of it and I loved watching them. We stayed until it closed at 10:00 and then snuggled in to sleep. It was a glorious day!

No comments: